Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Salmonella is a genus of gram-negative, enteric bacilli. Of the 1400 species discovered, several are pathogenic and can cause everything from minor gastrointestinal pain to severe food poisoning. Patients who have contracted Salmonella should drink clear fluids until abdominal pain ceases. Fluid and electrolyte balances should be carefully monitored in severe cases.
There are six major types of Salmonella, presented along with what they cause:
- S. arizonae: gastroenteritis, urinary tract infections, meningitis, osteomyelitis, bacteremia, brain abscess
- S. choleraesuis: septicemia
- S. enteriditis: gastroenteritis, enterocolitis
- S. paratyphi: paratyphoid fever
- S. typhi: typhoid fever
- S. typhimurium: acute gastroenteritis