Obesity is a condition in which the natural energy reserve, stored in the fatty tissue of humans and other mammals, is increased to a point where it is associated with certain health conditions or increased mortality.
Although obesity is an individual clinical condition, it is increasingly viewed as a serious and growing public health problem: excessive body weight has been shown to predispose to various diseases, particularly cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus type 2, sleep apnea and osteoarthritis.
Examples on HouseEdit
- The Socratic Method (Willie, the Clinic Patient)
- Heavy (Jessica Simms, the Patient)
- Sex Kills (Laura Neuberger, the Heart donor)
- Que Será Será (George, the Patient)
- No More Mr. Nice Guy (Jeff, the Patient)
- Let Them Eat Cake (Emmy, the Patient)
- Joy To The World (Natalie Soellner, the Patient)
- Simple Explanation (Charlotte Novack, the Patient)
- Wilson (Juan, House's Patient)