Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Prevent the rejection of transplanted organs.
- Treat autoimmune diseases.
- Treat long-term inflammatory diseases.
There are several classes of immunosuppresant drugs:
- Steroids, like prednisone, which suppress the effect of T-cells and B-cells.
- Chemotherapy drugs, which affect the production of T-cells and B-cells.
- Antibodies, which can actually be used to suppress the cells of the immune system itself.
- Drugs that suppress immunophilins, which also suppress the effect of T-cells
- Other drugs, such as interferon and narcotics.